Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Movie night

Had my first three hour lecture on Monday night and well 3 hours is a loooong time to sit and listen but it was still fascinating, I think I'm going to really enjoy the worldviews course. My only other lecture is on today from 1.30 to 4.30 and I'm looking forward to it too - and this time I have peanut m'n'm's cos my allowance came through and will pay my accomodation from now on plus my parents were able to send emergency money through finally while I wait for the other two areas to be sorted so yay and Thankyou Lord for amazingly generous parents.

Yes it seems like a frivolous thing to spend emergency money on but YOU try sitting through 3 hours of lecturing and not have something to boost your blood sugar levels and keep your mind active!

Yesterday we had a powhiri, I studied all afternoon and rewrote my cv, we had a halls-wide meeting and then watched half of 'The Castle'. Today I'm studying this morning - well soon I will be - with a lecture this arvo and then off to free movies in the park tonight. Life is pretty full which is great for taking my mind off things. I think yesterday was the first day I really felt like I was 'here' - we were finally welcomed onto campus properly and officially met everyone from the womens side living in the singles rooms plus we had the head counselling guy come talk to us about the realities of community living and well it just made it all seem real. It felt like we were all in this together... up until then it kinda felt like people would do the obligatory who are you etc convo and then avoid any other deeper conversations, now we dont have any excuses. I cant observe anymore I have to immerse myself in this and its weird but its good. Tomorrow night we have a BBQ at the laidlaw bach on Piha beach so I can only hope that will build further on this week.

I miss kids - oh boy do I miss being around kids.
I miss hugs and physical contact in general.
I miss the ease of long term relationships and friendships where I dont have to explain myself or end up hiding how I feel for fear of disturbing someone.
I miss being able to have breakfast after 8am lol.
I miss juice and milk and fresh veges and salads.
I miss being around guys and not feeling like I have to watch everything I say and do.
I miss accountability. Knowing people care enough that if I act or speak out of line they will pull me up on it.
I miss church family.
I miss being able to talk to Mum anytime I want to.
I miss being able to walk on my own.

But thats ok. It's only been a week and hey I have free counselling services if I need them!

I praise God for awesome lecturers and a caring student leadership.
I praise God that I am healthy.
I praise God for the finances that he has cleared the way to fall into place.
I praise God that I can learn and grow in Him without persecution.
I praise God for beautiful beaches and parks and peace.
I praise God for Elizabeth and Lousie and Angelene n' Ian.
I praise God for this lovely room with a garden view and thick walls!
I praise God for community and the truths that come from living in it.
I praise God for the grace he gives me every day that I might be gracious to others.
I praise God for the lovely kitchen man who gave me sushi yesterday cos I couldn't eat with everyone else.
I praise God for the car he has provided and the protection he has given it so far.
I praise God for His word and the serenity that even a single verse can provoke in my otherwise disturbed soul.
I praise God for His constant everlasting love and provision.
I praise God.

2 comments:

Clive Smit said...

My Goodness, you're still posting essays : )

The first few months is quite a ride hey!

Cat said...

Not really - that was the longest one in ages and a=only cos I added lists... yeah its weird what one day is cool and the next is stressful