Monday, 7 January 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

Wow - yesterday was absolutely fantastic! It was cloudy and hot but I'd had it in my head that after church a group of us should actually DO something rather than just hang about in Hams or repeat the Raglan love affair. So I suggested we go to Karangahake gorge and in the end 26 of us all drove out to the Gorge for the afternoon, walked through the tunnel and then most of us went and had dinner in Waihi before going for a long walk on the beach and praying under the stars. Was a bit of a mammoth effort and we were completely unorganised but that was the beauty of it. Longtime friends and new acquaintances made that day, old (a Grandma) and young (13) all hanging out , relaxing and encouraging one another in the majestic beauty that is Gods creation - it really made my heart sing!

When life becomes all about getting through each day and doing 'the right thing' I think we lose a part of what makes us essentially Christian - the joy of the Lord. Thats what made yesterday so special for me - I was full of joy and wonder, joy at connecting with new people, joy at having fun with friends, joy in relaxing, joy in experiencing firsthand Gods provision and creativity. Joy.

We are hopefully going to invite the whole church next Sunday to join us - rather then mostly focusing on the Youth! Maybe trying out somewhere near Thames or even just Lake Karapiro. All welcome!

Thing is - we need to community the fellowship we find at church not for 'refueling' so much as to find companions to go through life with. To play with, cry with, stumble with and yell at. I am so grateful for my church family. Knowingly and unknowingly they have lifted me and supported me this week and this has helped me change the little habits I had been forming and step back up onto the track again. THANKS GUYS!!!

Oh I do like to ramble =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a quick look at your blog, it is very cool, I guess my blog is more for the family and to keep everyone updated but yors is cool too.
This is Marlies used to be van der Gaag now Clemens...you can find my blog via Glorias.
Anyway I just wanted to say hi, it has been a while, how are you doing? and Michelle, it has been a while since I talked to her...
well better get back to work
laters
Marlies

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.